power per instruction

23 vues

Sagar Gandhi

non lue,
26 mars 2014, 11:29:2326/03/2014
à android...@googlegroups.com
how does the .dex file instructions get executed on a processor & how can i access the instructions that executed on ARM processor. i heard that the instruction in android executed in blocks  & after that how can i calculate the power per instruction that get executed on ARM.

Earlence

non lue,
31 mars 2014, 11:52:2531/03/2014
à android...@googlegroups.com
the dex bytecode is interpreted by the Dalvik VM. Sometimes, this DEX code is just in time compiled to machine code instructions. To know what these are, you will have to hook the JIT infrastructure by modifying dalvik. With the introduction of ART, dex is compiled ahead of time into machine instructions.
There is no off the shelf mechanism to obtain power consumption. you may have to use other tools.

This got nothing to do with the kernel. Dalvik modifications belong in the android-platform group.

Sagar Gandhi

non lue,
31 mars 2014, 12:19:5131/03/2014
à android...@googlegroups.com
how can i have access to the instructions on processor so that i can that something like that : by starting timer when some block of instructions start executing and end the timer when block complete its execution . so by timer i can interpret some mathmetical formulation which i have thought.
and can you name the tools which you are talking ?
Thanks

Regards,

Sagar Gandhi

Final Year UnderGraduate
Department Of Computer Engineering
Malaviya National Institute of Technology,Jaipur,India

"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful, that's what matters to me."
--Steve Jobs

Répondre à tous
Répondre à l'auteur
Transférer