porting goldfish from android kernel to linux kernel

grou...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2014, 1:59:36 AM1/31/14
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

     Does linux-3.12.6 supports goldfish emulator and it's drivers?  We tried building goldfish by porting mach-goldfish from android kernel 3.4 to linux-3.12.6 kernel. However, the emulator doesn't boot up properly. we don't see any error in kernel boot msgs but the animated android boot logo shows up and stays there. the system doesn't boot beyond this point. What might be the problem?

Also we have attached two log files. Please refer attachments.

Thankyou.
dmesg.log
logcat.log

Vishveshwar

Feb 1, 2014, 3:44:49 AM2/1/14
to android...@googlegroups.com

Kernel log shows NAND read error. Is this expected?

-Vishveshwar

Adnan Zubaydi

Nov 16, 2016, 4:29:42 PM11/16/16
to Android Linux Kernel Development
have you successfully ported linux to goldfish board? if so is there a document contains steps on how to port kernels to goldfish board ?