Peripheral firmware update FOTA/Ymodem

Raul Piper

Aug 3, 2015, 8:23:59 AM8/3/15
to android...@googlegroups.com
HI,
I have a hardware device connected to Android host and looking for a way to upgrade the device firmware from the host.There is a kernel firmware interface for the same :

#include <linux/firmware.h>
int request_firmware(const struct firmware **fw, char *name,
struct device *device);

I wanted to know what role a ymodem can play with the above interface.Is there any other protocol i can use with the above interface.
I understand I must have the device firmware code availability as well (which i assure I have).So whatever I have to implement at the host side I have implement the same at the device side as well.
What other ways are there to upgrade the device firmware on android.
Where does firmware upgrade over the air (FOTA) comes into play.
Please fill the gaps in my understandings.

Thanks in advance !
Rgds,
Rp