How to port 3.10 kernel to android?

Vegivada Veera naga praveen kumar

Jul 20, 2015, 12:31:36 PM7/20/15
to android...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I am trying to port the 3.10 kernel to android for my arndale board.

I have working 3.4 kernel with android and working 3.10 linaro kernel with me.

I downloaded the android-3.10.y from git kernel/common under from the AOSP.

Can any one specify the steps to port my 3.10 kernel on to android?
0 New

Raul Piper

Jul 21, 2015, 1:00:39 AM7/21/15
to android...@googlegroups.com
There are two ways either you merge the 3.10 changes to 3.4 incrementally and see till what point you can go far without breaking the Android booting.
Second ways it directly build the kernel and link its zimage with the kernel image for you board and then make bootimage and flash it using fastboot and see if it really boots the android or not.If yes everything is done !
If not you have lot of things to explore.
Let me know if I can assit !

Amit Pundir

Jul 21, 2015, 3:58:30 AM7/21/15
to android...@googlegroups.com
On 18 July 2015 at 09:40, Vegivada Veera naga praveen kumar
<vvn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to port the 3.10 kernel to android for my arndale board.
>
> I have working 3.4 kernel with android and working 3.10 linaro kernel with
> me.

If 3.10 linaro kernel works for your platform then pull 3.10
linaro-android kernel (3.10 LTS based Linaro Stable kernel +
android-3.10) from here
https://git.linaro.org/kernel/linux-linaro-stable.git/shortlog/refs/heads/linux-linaro-lsk-v3.10-android.

Regards,
Amit Pundir