error in kernel compilation

Amit kumar Bag

Feb 15, 2012, 4:21:17 AM2/15/12
HI,

I want to enable FDTI driver support in my android kernel. I followed the below steps to enable the FTDI drivers
1.make menuconfig ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-eabi-
and enable the FTDI single port serial driver inthe following path

Device Drivers-> USB support -> USB serial converter support -> USB FTDI single port serial Driver
2.make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-eabi- uImage

But I am getting error while compilation the kernel. The error are as follows

scripts/kconfig/conf --silentoldconfig Kconfig
  CHK     include/linux/version.h
  CHK     include/generated/utsrelease.h
make[1]: `include/generated/mach-types.
h' is up to date.
  CALL    scripts/checksyscalls.sh
  CHK     include/generated/compile.h
  UPD     include/generated/compile.h
  CC      init/version.o
  LD      init/built-in.o
  CC      arch/arm/kernel/traps.o
/home/bagggami/amit/android-toolchain-eabi-2011/bin/arm-eabi-ld: internal error in relocate_special_relocatable, at /mnt/jenkins/workspace/linaro-android_toolchain-4.6-2011.12/build/objdir/../build/../binutils/binutils-2.22/gold/arm.cc:9850
make[1]: *** [arch/arm/kernel/traps.o] Error 1
make: *** [arch/arm/kernel] Error 2

I am using android gingerbread source code having 3.0.1 kernel in that. I downloaded the toolchain from the below location

http://android-build.linaro.org/builds/~linaro-android/toolchain-4.6-2011.12/5/android-toolchain-eabi-linaro-4.6-2011.12-5-2011-12-12_14-40-40-linux-x86.tar.bz2

and my target board in snowball board.

How can I fix this error.

Can somebody tell am I missing anything.

Thanks in advance,
Amit Bag

jagan

Feb 15, 2012, 4:26:03 AM2/15/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
Does your kernel have CONFIG_AEABI=y?
check it & try once.

Regards,
Jagan

raja pavan

Feb 15, 2012, 4:29:04 AM2/15/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
I do not have an android emulator with me at this moment.

Please install at your end and try.

Raja

jagan

Feb 15, 2012, 5:03:01 AM2/15/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amit,

Why can't you use the toolchain from android directly.
[prebuilt/ ...]

Regards,
Jagan.