Android Kernel Build on MacOSX

Gianluca Mezzetti

Oct 28, 2014, 7:01:35 AM10/28/14
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
i'm trying to build the kernel on macos for the emulator.
I have the aosp repository and the goldfish kernel downloaded, and I manage to build correctly the arm architecture using the script in external/qemu/distrib/build-kernel.sh with options --arch=arm.

However, when it comes to x86, i have problems with some header included.
For example the
tool/relocs.c executable includes #include <tools/le_byteshift.h> which includes <linux/types.h>.

Of course i can not use <linux/types.h>, do you have any idea on how to fix ?
Is it supposed to work this build ? (the script in the qemu folder takes care of the darwin OS, so I think it should work)

Gianluca Mezzetti

Nov 3, 2014, 3:41:22 PM11/3/14
to android...@googlegroups.com