Block device driver developemnet for android

chithraja rajan

Mar 17, 2015, 7:14:16 PM3/17/15
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I am trying to develop a block device driver for android kernel.

My platform is Pandaboard ES and Linaro android- Jellybean, kernel version (3.2).

I have cross compiled a dummy block device driver successfully on Linux host system. On loading it in android kernel it is showing error: unknown partition table.

I have compiled and tested the same driver in Linux host system (kernel version 3.13) and is working fine.

Please help me to solve the problem as I am new to android as well as driver development. The issues can be

1. Is some specific procedure for loading a block device driver in android which i am missing.
2. Is the error is due to permission issues.

I have attached the source code of driver. PFA.
I am referring this site:
http://blog.superpat.com/2010/05/04/a-simple-block-driver-for-linux-kernel-2-6-31/

Thanks and regards

Chithraja Rajan