goldfish-3.10 x86 build

Павел Бушмакин

Feb 17, 2014, 3:48:00 AM2/17/14
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone

I'm interested in branch android-3.10 of https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/goldfish for x86 arch
Has anyone tried to build it? The thing is, i don't see any defconfigs for goldfish in sources.
Documentatino/android.txt says it should be in kernel/common.git, but i don't see it either.
I was trying to make i386_defconfig than merge it with android configs in android/* as
android/README says, but that doesn't seem working for me. I am constantly receiving compile errors,
like this one:

kernel/sched/core.c: In function 'cpu_cgroup_allow_attach':
kernel/sched/core.c:7729:18: error: invalid operands to binary != (have 'kuid_t' and 'kuid_t')
kernel/sched/core.c:7729:46: error: invalid operands to binary != (have 'kuid_t' and 'kuid_t')

Some of this errors could be fixed without further knowledge, so i thought and fixed them, and
at the end, the kernel i received after all errors fixing is not working with x86 emulator. When i turned on
-show-kernel option, emulator doesn't show any messages and screen is black. I have used
lunch aosp_x86-eng to build aosp previously, 479efb540a198a9b7cd278387b0d45009a05bb2b commit
(kitkat-dev branch). I'm building linux kernel from 0ac276ebfca1d405153f4a3476aa1f7f66bbbec8 commit

I'm particularly interested with goldfish kernel with features from linux kernel 3.10, that doesn't appear in 3.4.
I have attached my kernel .config to this message.

---------
Thanks in advance,
Pavel Bushmakin

Karan Goswami

Feb 27, 2014, 7:31:06 PM2/27/14
to android...@googlegroups.com
Any luck on this?

SivaRam M

Mar 23, 2014, 12:51:46 AM3/23/14
to android...@googlegroups.com
I tried Building 3.10 and ran the AOSP image with new kernel on two different machines .
Frist machine I was unable to run the AOSP emulator with the 3.10 kernel
second machine I was able to launch the emulator with new kernel
But the device doesn't support networks. adb devices is showing offline .
I'm still debugginh why I'm unable to run the AOSP image with 3.10 kernel.

Amy

Mar 26, 2014, 11:50:20 PM3/26/14

On Saturday, March 22, 2014 11:51:46 PM UTC-5, SivaRam M wrote:
I tried Building 3.10 and ran the AOSP image with new kernel on two different machines .
Frist machine I was unable to run the AOSP emulator with the 3.10 kernel
second machine I was able to launch the emulator with new kernel
But the device doesn't support networks. adb devices is showing offline .
I'm still debugginh why I'm unable to run the AOSP image with 3.10 kernel.

Without adb working, how do you know that you've booted successfully?

Are the usual -show-kernel dmesg's printing on stdout?

I can build the kernel just fine, but never get past the "done, booting the kernel" prompt.
This has been described as a failure to successfully initialize the goldfish "console" device,
but I can't be certain whether I'm stuck looping somewhere, or I've made it to the main kernel
and just can't "see" it.