android 7 reserved ports restriction

Karim Abbouh

Feb 8, 2017, 2:32:18 PM2/8/17
to Android Linux Kernel Development

In Android 7, it has been found that there has been a range of reserved ports This is indicated in the file /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_local_reserved_ports 32100-32600

My application uses a port in this range( i get error bind : address already used) So I wanted to know if there is a way around this restriction.

I thought to modify this file (a little risking), like exclude this port that I use In fact I have routed my device, modifying the file but it is as if it is not taken by the kernel Even if the file has been modified, If I restart the device the changes are lost.

Is there a way to circumvent this restriction? Or commits oblige the kernel to take into account my changes?

thanks for the help