Issues with the compilation of the gadget driver of USB

Diogo Miguel

Jul 29, 2015, 12:49:26 PM7/29/15
to Android Linux Kernel Development
Hi.

I've downloaded the Android Kernel 3.18 and have update my configuration file to support my board and Android. However I'm unable to compile the code as I get errors on the android.c file as I solve the include errors already present on the code.

As included in the attachments you can see the errors and the makefiles being used in the kernel.
Imagem-errosCompilar.txt (~-Projecto) - gedit.png
Imagem-Makefile (~-Projecto-Kernel-linux-3.18-drivers-usb-gadget-function) - gedit.png
Imagem-Makefile (~-Projecto-Kernel-linux-3.18-drivers-usb-gadget) - gedit.png

Amit Pundir

Jul 30, 2015, 9:06:16 AM7/30/15
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On 29 July 2015 at 01:10, Diogo Miguel <diogo.mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I've downloaded the Android Kernel 3.18 and have update my configuration
> file to support my board and Android. However I'm unable to compile the code
> as I get errors on the android.c file as I solve the include errors already
> present on the code.

So just for the sake of build fixes, please check this commit
https://android-git.linaro.org/gitweb/kernel/linaro-android.git/commitdiff/7e7de6b6e815f35a79098402e81a5331a9d3ee69
for reference. This patch is meant for 4.1+ kernels so patch accordingly.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Android gadgets based on this legacy
composite driver (android.c) doesn't work. So if you need Android
Gadget support on 3.18 anyway then you have to use Android's ConfigFS
based gadget function implementations.

Regards,
Amit Pundir

> As included in the attachments you can see the errors and the makefiles
> being used in the kernel.
>
> --

Raul Piper

Jul 30, 2015, 1:06:01 PM7/30/15