DRM display for Android

vijay kumar

Jan 4, 2016, 1:34:24 PM1/4/16
to Android Linux Kernel Development
Hii ,

I am working on display bring up for development board with android (linux kernel 3.18 version). As per my understanding, in linux we can use framebuffer or direct rendering manager display subsystem for display. But in android I am pretty confused that it is only using framebuffer with ION memory management. I want to bring up display using direct rendering manager with GEM memory management. Is it possible? Can ION be replaced with GEM. I noticed that there is libdrm.so in android also. What are the changes I have to made if I want to replace framebuffer with direct rendering manager? Is direct rendering manager support available for android? If not how can I add the support? Whether i have to made changes in hal? Or I want to implement new hal? Please provide me suitable solution. Your information will be useful to me.

Thanks and Regards,

Vijay Kumar.

\

Durgadoss Ramanathan

Jan 5, 2016, 1:49:34 AM1/5/16
to android...@googlegroups.com
inte...@lists.freedesktop.org list would be a better place to ask this.

Regards
Durgadoss

Chih-Wei

Mar 2, 2016, 10:36:21 AM3/2/16
to Android Linux Kernel Development

Please check the Android-x86 project
which has implemented DRM support for Android,
including the gralloc hal: gralloc.drm

Note gralloc.drm is now a part of Android 6.0.

vijay kumar於 2016年1月5日星期二 UTC+8上午2時34分24秒寫道: