Aceelerometer/Gyro reading in kernel for Nexus 7 2013 wifi

stu...@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2014, 5:12:43 PM4/5/14
to android...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to figure out how the accelerometer or gyroscope readings make it out of the kernel to the rest of the Android system. I am using and compiling the kitkat kernel (msm-flo-3.4-jb-mr2) for the Nexus 7 2013 wifi version. I have used printk() in the drivers/input/misc/mpu3050.c and drivers/input/misc/lis3dh_acc.c files to see if the read routines are being called when I move the tablet around or when I use an app to read the sensors but I don't see any reads at the kernel level. The file proc/kmsg shows only the lis3dh_acc driver is loaded but I never see any of the code other than the init being called.

Anyone have any insight as to how the accelerometer and gyro are read? I could not find any other kernel code being built that had to do with those sensors.

Thanks.

Pep Mobile

Apr 29, 2014, 9:13:39 AM4/29/14
to android...@googlegroups.com