Android-ia kernel and modules

Jose Luis s

Oct 17, 2016, 8:10:37 PM10/17/16
to Android Linux Kernel Development
Hi all.

Recently posted another entry but not showed, if it is double posted, my apoligizes.

I'm trying to build 3 usbip modules in Intel Android-ia 3.10.20 kernel, after tweaking sopurces to have the same vermagic in the compiled modules those do not load in the target TAblets with same kernel. Error 126 is showed.

Can anybody help please? No Log info is throwed, and modules don't load even with -f parameter

REally newbe in this tasks.

Thanks

mark gross

Oct 18, 2016, 8:07:04 AM10/18/16
to android...@googlegroups.com
I would need to know the specific device and image build to be sure but, I suspect that kernel feature of only loading signed (using the random private key used in the kernel build that is deleted as part of the CI) driver modules is preventing you from loading your side loaded driver module.

With enforced driver signing enabled you need to build the kernel and the modules together using the same keys in the kernel build to have insmod or whatever work.

--mark

create interesting things.

Jose Luis s

Oct 18, 2016, 11:54:51 AM10/18/16
to Android Linux Kernel Development
Thanks Mark.

One of the tablets is a Chuwi v89 Dual OS 2GB Ram - 64GB, what do you mean with image build?

On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 8:32 AM, Jose Luis s <jose...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all.

Recently posted another entry but not showed, if it is double posted, my apoligizes.

I'm trying to build 3 usbip modules in Intel Android-ia 3.10.20 kernel, after tweaking sopurces to have the same vermagic in the compiled modules those do not load in the target TAblets with same kernel. Error 126 is showed.

Can anybody help please? No Log info is throwed, and modules don't load even with -f parameter

REally newbe in this tasks.

Thanks

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Linux Kernel Development" group.

create interesting things.

mark gross

Oct 18, 2016, 2:44:27 PM10/18/16
to android...@googlegroups.com
dual os?  If that is a developer device then I can't say if the kernel is configured with module signature checking or not.  Basically you need to find the kernel config file for whatever is running on the device you are working with and look for signed module options that might be getting in your way.  But, dmesg is also your friend. there should be a error log in the dmesg if the insmod fails.

--mark

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Linux Kernel Development" group.

create interesting things.

Jose Luis s

Oct 19, 2016, 7:56:32 AM10/19/16
to Android Linux Kernel Development
Unfortunately, no config available /proc/config.gz, and dmesg does not show nothing related. I use modprobe before insmod.

Thanks again Mark

andrew_esh

Oct 20, 2016, 9:42:29 AM10/20/16
to Android Linux Kernel Development
Maybe you need to enable basic module support in the kernel. Android kernels do not usually use modules.

Message has been deleted