How to skip all the boot-up display screens

Anthony Wang

Aug 25, 2014, 1:22:54 AM8/25/14
to android-kernel
Hi,
   How do I skip all the boot-up display screens (include the slide to start) and go right into my APP in Android?

Best Regards,
Anthony

Girish Prasad Prasad

Aug 25, 2014, 1:46:06 AM8/25/14
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi
You can disable the bootanimation service in the init.rc script, This disables the Android boot animation

Splash screen needs to be disabled from the bootloader

Thanks
Girish

Aug 25, 2014, 2:17:38 AM8/25/14
to android-kernel
Thamk you! I will try it!

trevd

Aug 26, 2014, 6:53:15 AM8/26/14
to android...@googlegroups.com
@Girish The bootanimation service is already disabled in the init.rc ... that's it's default state. The surfaceflinger controls the starting of the service and uses a signal approach to stop the animation

You can turn off the bootanimation visuals by setting the property debug.sf.nobootanimation to 1.
However as the name suggests the property is really just intended to aid debugging of the boot process.
Personally I would probably take the approach of stopping the surfaceflinger from ever starting the service.
Removing the service from the init.rc or the /system/bin/bootanimation binary would probably work also as the service is not critical.
Bear in mind the unless your boot process has been optimized you may still end up with a blank screen for a short period.

Splash screen depending on the device are either found in the bootloader which is sometimes a pain to remove or located in the boot image root and named initlogo.rle.
The latter was displayed by the init process. This functionality while present in the Kitkat source tree has since been removed from the master branch.

To Launch a specific app it must have an activity that has <category android:name="android.intent.category.HOME" /> in the AndroidManifest.xml , obviously if you have more than one app
that supports this than the user will be asked to pick a preferred app so you probably want to remove Launcher3 from the system.

Thanks
trevd

Anthony Wang

Aug 29, 2014, 9:42:23 AM8/29/14
to android-kernel
Hi,
   My tablet has a YunOS. I try to install several root tools but all failed.
Do you know a root tool that will work for the YunOS?

Best Regards,
Anthony

ranchu

Dec 26, 2016, 9:28:29 AM12/26/16
to Android Linux Kernel Development
Hi trevd ,

You said "Personally I would probably take the approach of stopping the surfaceflinger from ever starting the service."
How can this be donw
I've tried to put all this lines in code:
#service bootanim /system/bin/bootanimation
   # class main
   # user graphics
   # group graphics media
   # disabled
   # oneshot

Yet, there is no change in behaviour.

Thanks for any idea,
Ran

ranchu

Dec 26, 2016, 9:51:14 AM12/26/16
to Android Linux Kernel Development

Hi Trevd,

Is it possible to completely turn off screen ?
I need to use some mode with screen completely off till next shutdown.
I don't mind even deleting library, changing init files, services, writing to some sysfs entry, or anything else, whatever will work.
I am really struggling with it for some days without results yet :(

The best I managed was to add init.d and do the following in init.d:
chmod 7777 /sys/devices/platform/leds-mt65xx/leds/lcd-backlight/brightness;
echo 0 > /sys/devices/platform/leds-mt65xx/leds/lcd-backlight/brightness;
chmod 0 /sys/devices/platform/leds-mt65xx/leds/lcd-backlight/brightness ;

Yet, I see some occasions when the screen turns off :( as following:
Boot Animation & a clock apk shows , and also battry state shows.
But then when it turns off, cliking buttons won't turn it on.

Thank for any idea, I'm really have no more ideas now...
Ran