Binder checkpoint/restore

criu...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2015, 5:33:04 PM7/16/15
to android...@googlegroups.com
We are trying to port CRIU to Android. Once of the challenges there is Android binder (char) device, which takes care of IPC between processes. For processes to exchange data, binder kernel driver maintains state (per process rbtrees, linked list etc. identified by current->pid). For restore to work, we can export the per-process state to userspace via /proc interface and dump/restore by reading/writing to /proc binder interface. Do you anticipate any (security?) issues with this design? Thanks!

Abdullah Yousafzai

Jan 14, 2016, 2:11:00 PM1/14/16
to Android Linux Kernel Development
Hello I also need checkpoint for one of my project and I also started porting CRIU. It would be very helpful if you can please share the Android.mk files with me so that I can straight away goto the next step. Thank you

Zhao Junmin

Feb 1, 2016, 1:07:29 AM2/1/16
to Android Linux Kernel Development
Hi :
you freeze the process ,some system callback by binder how to handle?

Thanks