Localization gcm push not working

Kaviyarasan Pichaiya

Apr 24, 2016, 3:27:47 AM4/24/16
to android-gcm, Ravikumar S, Harishankar Kathirvel
Hi Guys,

I am running in to a strange issue with respect to GCM push notifications for Android.

We use python-gcm as a backend

We are working on app localization and as a part of it we push the translated messages based on the device language.

Now the issue is the push notifications works fine for me when I am on English in my device and when i change the app Locale to Arabic, the push notifications fails to deliver to the device but the back end gets a success response from the GCM server. And the more stranger issue is its working fine for me on our staging server for both the languages but fails in the live server.

Would need your comments to troubleshoot this.

Thanks in advance.

Diego Giorgini

Apr 25, 2016, 6:39:39 AM4/25/16
to android-gcm, Ravikumar S, Harishankar Kathirvel
Hi Kaviyarasan,

you can use the message-id returned by the server in the GCM Diagnostic page in Play Developer Console
to investigate whether the message was delivered to the device.

Cheers,
- Diego