all applications receive notification

Felippe dos Santos Ferreira

Jan 22, 2013, 7:42:25 AM1/22/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
would like an example of GCM for all my applications receive notifications without having to enroll.
Is this possible?

Felippe dos Santos Ferreira

Jan 22, 2013, 8:30:10 AM1/22/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
hi guys
I am researching this google service
GCM (Google Cloud Message), someone already used ... jah had satisfactory experience ...

What do I actually need.

My app will release all months a link of new materials ....
necessary that the application receives a notification sent to me that the material is available,

more with the GCM, so I found tutorials which I have to register an email,
and have to do a server message, found it very difficult.

Anyone know if the message is like sending direct google without the mail server?
if it is possible to send a message to all applications?

Colin Adams

Jan 22, 2013, 10:42:13 PM1/22/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Felippe,

GCM requires that you register each app install with GCM and then store the list of 'registration ids' you are issued on your own server (or using a hosted GCM server platform like AirBop - http://www.airbop.com). When you are ready to send a message to all those app installs, your server would then format and send a message to GCM specifying which 'registration ids' should receive the message. That is done in 1000 id batches, but yes you can send to millions of id's this way.

We've been getting this sort of question a lot lately, so we put together an article with some nice diagrams to help illustrate the process:

http://support.airbop.com/kb/faq/how-does-google-cloud-messaging-work

Hopefully that helps! Let me know if you need any more clarification.

Best,
Colin

Liza Jenifer

Apr 10, 2014, 6:09:45 AM4/10/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I think When you are primed to make an impression on each one of those application introduces, your server might then organize and make an impression on GCM defining which 'enrollment ids' ought to accept the message. That is carried out in 1000 id clusters, however yes you can send to a huge number of id's like this.
We've been getting this kind of inquiry a great deal recently, so we assemble an article with some decent graphs to help represent the methodology:
Best 7 Inch Tablet