GCM Xmpp delay between request and gcm ack

Ruchita Goyal

Mar 13, 2015, 6:20:49 AM3/13/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

We have been using HTTP to send push notifications to android devices using GCM but around a week ago, we moved to XMPP.
Everything is working fine but sometimes we are facing connection issues. The connections resets, resulting in "ReconnectionFailed" event rarely and the connection won't reconnect.
We have also observed that the time delay between sending a request to gcm and receiving an ack vary between 300ms to almost 1sec. Since GCM puts a limitation that at any time max 100 messages should be in unacked state; we wait if we does not receive acks for 100 messages till any acknowledgement comes or the message expires.
We are looking at a throughput of around 2.5k qps for our service and this delay is harming us. Is this expected behavior? Is it that during load time the gcm response latency increases?

Naveen Tamrakar

Mar 13, 2015, 6:23:38 AM3/13/15
to Abhijeet Kurchania
your connection will lost and new connection will create these is the problrem will faceing with xmpp server so
and how many data is an xmpp server so please clean up xmpp server than u can try

Best Wishes
Naveen Tamrakar
Skype  :   er.naveen.tamrakar
Email  : er.naveen...@gmail.com

Sergey Mkhitaryan

Mar 13, 2015, 2:04:55 PM3/13/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ruchita,

100 max unacked is a per connection limitation. To increase your throughput, you can simply open multiple XMPP connections. In fact, you can open quite a lot of them if you want.