GCM notification on Wifi network

Vikas Garg

Aug 26, 2015, 11:34:40 AM8/26/15
to android-gcm
Hi ,
I am struggling with a problem from a long time. I am using GCM to receive notification from the server. I have observed that when I am on the Wifi network ,I don't get the notification but as I switch to GSM network , the notification starts coming.
I have tried the GCM  sample code given on Google developer , the same thing is happening. Even for other apps installed on my phone also showing same behaviour apart from whatsapp.
Don't know what to do. Please help.

Regards
Vikas

Todd Hansen

Aug 26, 2015, 12:13:40 PM8/26/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
What are the firewall rules like for your Wifi network?

Vikas Garg

Aug 26, 2015, 12:32:00 PM8/26/15
to android-gcm
Hi Todd,
There are no specific firewall rules setup. This behaviour is happening on wifi network of my home as well as office.
If anything specific needs to be checked I can do that , let me know.

Thanks

Relsell K

Sep 1, 2015, 9:19:28 AM9/1/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Hi vikas ..how u registered ur device to gcm servers...wifi or gprs

Vikas Garg

Sep 16, 2015, 1:53:51 AM9/16/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com

I tried both registration with WiFi and gprs.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "android-gcm" group.