gcm ccs conncetion

Seshachalam Malisetti

Mar 22, 2014, 1:29:49 PM3/22/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
can we connect to google gcm ccs server from localhost ( not from a static ip ) ? i used a micro instance on ec2 with elastic ip to connect to ccs server. The key is generated for the elastic ip. Now i would like to know if we can connect to ccs from localhost, will be useful in development process.

Flash Bump

Mar 26, 2014, 7:01:24 AM3/26/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,
If you wish to connect your app server to localhost, you need to forward your tcp requests to CCS server.
I use stunnel in client mode here.
Every time my app server binds to localhost, stunnel binds to ccs and acts as a TCP proxy.
I hope this is what you mean by "connect from localhost".

Flash Bump

Apr 14, 2014, 6:07:51 AM4/14/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
You answered by e-mail:

Hi,
Thanks for the answer. I am able to connect to ccs server from localhost. I have to use 0.0.0.0/0 in the console to generate server key.

So i get your point better.
You don't connect via localhost, but via the EC2 ethernet interface, which is given an internal IP (in VPC subnet).
As EC2 VPC gateway IP is not static, you indeed have to declare an open server key.