Device online, how to avoid too many entries in notification list center?

Michael Azerhad

Dec 3, 2015, 5:49:55 PM12/3/15
to android-gcm
Hi,

My app allows user to chat.

Each message is transmitted through GCM using the Java library (rest)  "GCM-server".

All works well.

However, many users complain about the fact that their notification list center is enormous while chatting.
Indeed, one message = one entry in the notification list center.

Is there a way to receive all notifications, but to keep only the last one in the notification list center of users?

I try to send the "tag" attribute within the notification but it doesn't work.

Spundun Bhatt

Dec 4, 2015, 1:12:51 PM12/4/15
to android-gcm
Hi Michael,

Are you using the notification API? If yes, then the tag should be the right way to replace old messages with the new message. If that is not working, can you send an example request that you are sending?

side note: I don't know exactly how you are using our api, but assuming your goal is to have only one notification that says "you have x new messages" then the server will have to know what that x number is.