GCM Problems: Responses not same in number as GCM IDs

Shubham Mehrotra

Sep 26, 2015, 6:11:21 AM9/26/15
to android-gcm

I am using GCM for sending messages to android devices in batches of max size 1000.

Problem 1: Sometimes I recieves responses where the Reponse codes from the GCM are less than the GCM ids and I dont know the status of my requests

Problem 2:Due to this i am unable to track the canonical ids , uninstalls and other error codes

As per the GCM doc the responses are in the same order and number as the GCM ids. Other than order there is no way of finding which response is for which gcmid.

When the reponses are same in number as ids I can map them by order

When the responses are not same in number then there is no way of knowing that the responses for which ids were missed.

The code that is being used is a follows:

Message message = new Message.Builder()

.collapseKey(request.getCollapseKey())

.timeToLive(request.getTimeToLive())

.delayWhileIdle(request.isDelayWhileIdle())

.addData(Constants.MESSAGE, userMsg)

.build();

MulticastResult result = sender.send(message, request.getPushIds(), request.getRetryCount());
logger
.info("Messages has been pushed successfully for Android with ids : "+result.toString() + "GCM Id : "+request.getPushIds().toString());

if(result.size()!=request.getPushIds().size())
{
    logger
.warn("Size mismatch between pushids("+request.getPushIds().size()+") and results("+result.size()+")");
}

This attached excerpt captures the case when there is a mismatch warning as: Size mismatch between pushids(549) and results(572)

exceprt.txt

don...@baryons.net

Jan 22, 2018, 4:11:52 AM1/22/18
to android-gcm
Hi,
Did anyone got the reason for same. I am experiencing the same.

Diego Giorgini

Jan 26, 2018, 1:21:05 AM1/26/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

we are not aware of issues like the one described.
if you can replicate, or can provide more information please contact Firebase support with the relevant information.

Thanks.

Massimiliano

May 5, 2024, 5:28:03 PM (2 days ago) May 5
to android-gcm
MT103/202 DIRECT WIRE TRANSFER
PAYPAL TRANSFER
CASHAPP TRANSFER
ZELLE TRANSFER
LOAN DEAL
TRANSFER WISE
WESTERN UNION TRANSFER
BITCOIN FLASHING
BANK ACCOUNT LOADING/FLASHING
IBAN TO IBAN TRANSFER
MONEYGRAM TRANSFER
IPIP/DTC
SLBC PROVIDER
CREDIT CARD TOP UP
DUMPS/ PINS
SEPA TRANSFER
WIRE TRANSFER
BITCOIN TOP UP
GLOBALPAY INC US
SKRILL USA
UNIONPAY RECEIVER

Thanks.

NOTE; ONLY SERIOUS / RELIABLE RECEIVERS CAN CONTACT.

DM ME ON WHATSAPP
+44 7529 555638