Testing code on two devices

Vincent Lee

Mar 6, 2015, 2:32:02 PM3/6/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Sorry if this sounds like a noob question.

I'm writing a Messaging APP that sends a message to a receiver on another device similar to a WhatupApp.

I want to test on a nexus 5 and a samsung s5. I unplug the device and stick in the new one and debug on the device. However, it appears that the regid stays the same for both devices which is not the way I understand how RegId works (it's per device).

What's the best way to test my messaging app where I need to independent RegIds?

Costin Manolache

Mar 6, 2015, 2:42:11 PM3/6/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Can you send me the regid ? Are devices rooted ? Any custom backup/restore you did ?

Costin

Vincent Lee

Mar 7, 2015, 9:30:11 AM3/7/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Costin,

One of the devices is rooted. The S5 This is my regid from my nexus?

APA91bFufgkRqB7FazgMbiCzFaY1BeT3FPvkteuSlbRz5_5cmKSB8fQS2J2Spw1h2HYA3m2XCMEGdo46eSmo8AXanaU5FChcrlSjbO43D1eVrV4SYyS1UrZDlJCt9pG4u0aPIqmdidLZO1uaFOy9hBybfvEqDIt7kk3_5u0SeKGoXyAhBkt53Kg

The S5 has cyanogenomod lollipop 5.02