I got the problem in GCM just like . [ errorCode=InvalidRegistration ].

Dinesh Sarak

Sep 17, 2015, 7:10:19 AM9/17/15
to android-gcm
I got the problem in GCM just like . [ errorCode=InvalidRegistration ].

Sascha Löffler

Sep 23, 2015, 6:50:45 AM9/23/15
to android-gcm
Hi,

I was just notified that we have the same issue when sending GCM Messages over a webserver with PHP. It worked before, server-key is valid and IP is allowed.

After a test i get the following error:

SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details:
error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed
More details here: http://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html

curl performs SSL certificate verification by default, using a "bundle"
of Certificate Authority (CA) public keys (CA certs). If the default
bundle file isn't adequate, you can specify an alternate file
using the --cacert option.
If this HTTPS server uses a certificate signed by a CA represented in
the bundle, the certificate verification probably failed due to a
problem with the certificate (it might be expired, or the name might
not match the domain name in the URL).
If you'd like to turn off curl's verification of the certificate, use
the -k (or --insecure) option.

it worked before and nothing has changed.

In the php script i have set

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, false);

Sascha Löffler

Sep 23, 2015, 11:15:48 AM9/23/15
to android-gcm
ok. solved the problem. the ssl error was just when i tested it as i had not disabled the certificate check with the --insecure option like mentioned in the message.

to solve it i had to create a new server key. I don't know why suddenly the old server-key stopped working but it works again now.

Sascha Löffler

Sep 24, 2015, 5:02:01 AM9/24/15
to android-gcm
Hello, me again.

today i tested it again and it stopped working again.

Now i had only a single point what could go wrong. So i removed all whitelisted IP-Adresses from the api console and waited a bit (changes are not instant which does make the search for the error not easier)
Now it worked again.

Now after i checked the domain it only reported the whitelisted ipv4 back so i first thought it seems everything is correct.

However the server supports IPv6 even though it is not (yet) in the AAAA record.

So i logged in to the console and fetched a http://ipv6.whatismyv6.com/ with curl -s http://ipv6.whatismyv6.com/

now i saw that it indeed supports IPv6 for outgoing connections. Entered the IPv6 into the whitelist and now i am 99% sure it should work. ;)

I don't know if the webserver or google changed to support IPv6 recently.