GCM connection error

Reva Badraraju

Apr 9, 2014, 2:03:42 AM4/9/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com

I am trying out implementing gcm server application using XMPP(CCS) and i cant able to connect to the google servers. I am trying out the sample code from http://developer.android.com/google/gcm/ccs.html

when i try to connect

ccsClient.connect(userName, password);

i get the following error

gcm.googleapis.com:5235 Exception: XMPPError connecting to gcm.googleapis.com:5235.; : remote-server-error(502)
  -- caused by: XMPPError connecting to gcm.googleapis.com:5235.: remote-server-error(502) XMPPError connecting to gcm.googleapis.com:5235.
  -- caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
    at org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.connectUsingConfiguration(XMPPConnection.java:592)
    at org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.connect(XMPPConnection.java:1010)
    at SmackCcsClient.connect(SmackCcsClient.java:249)
    at Sample.main(Sample.java:342)
Nested Exception:
XMPPError connecting to gcm.googleapis.com:5235.: remote-server-error(502) XMPPError connecting to gcm.googleapis.com:5235.
  -- caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
    at org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.connectUsingConfiguration(XMPPConnection.java:565)
    at org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.connect(XMPPConnection.java:1010)
    at SmackCcsClient.connect(SmackCcsClient.java:249)
    at Sample.main(Sample.java:342)
Nested Exception:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
    at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketFactoryImpl.createSocket(Unknown Source)
    at org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.connectUsingConfiguration(XMPPConnection.java:557)
    at org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.connect(XMPPConnection.java:1010)
    at SmackCcsClient.connect(SmackCcsClient.java:249)
    at Sample.main(Sample.java:342)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: SmackCcsClient$GcmPacketExtension
    at SmackCcsClient.send(SmackCcsClient.java:130)
    at Sample.main(Sample.java:357)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: SmackCcsClient$GcmPacketExtension
    ... 2 more

I am using server key for the API key(password) and username="project number"+"@gcm.googleapis.com"

My project is whitelisted for upstream messaging. Ports considered to be closed are made open at my workplace. 5228, 5229, and 5230 for my IP. Which Ip should i use to open up the ports? public Ip or the other one?

What could be the problem? Please help me resolve this! Thanks in advance