GCM registration SERVICE_NOT_AVAILABLE exception

Jiong Wang

Sep 23, 2016, 5:30:02 PM9/23/16
to android-gcm
Hello,

We have a user who is using on Samsung NOTE 4 recently has the issue to register GCM. From the log we are getting SERVICE_NOT_AVAILABLE error.
This user has verified his Google play service is up to date, has a internet connection, device time is correct. However, he still consistently getting this error. He told us he has experience this issue since yesterday (over a day). Does anyone here would suggested something that he can try?

Thanks a lot!

Diego Giorgini

Sep 26, 2016, 2:09:40 AM9/26/16
to android-gcm
Hi Jiong,

SERVICE_NOT_AVAILABLE could happen when, even if the device has access to internet, the Google servers cannot be reached.
This could be due to a firewall, DNS or network configuration.
Could this be the case of your user?

Fahd Saifuddin

Oct 15, 2016, 12:08:28 AM10/15/16
to android-gcm
I had a similar issue and i found out that internet was not working on the device.