XMPP delivery receipts

Ashwath D R

Dec 7, 2015, 5:26:49 AM12/7/15
to android-gcm
Hi,

I have implemented  XMPP protocol to send GCM push notifications, but i have been  getting only 35-45% of delivery confirmation receipts.

Are there any chances google cloud misses to send the delivery receipts or clients fails to receive the delivery receipt ?

All the notifications are sent with the parameter  "delivery_receipt_requested": true".

Thanks,
Ashwath.

Diego Giorgini

Dec 7, 2015, 5:41:56 AM12/7/15
to android-gcm
Hi Ashwath,

delivery receipts are sent only when the device receives the message.
It's possible that you are sending notifications to devices that are currently offline, or that have been factory reset.
(We cannot distinguish from the former and the latter scenario)

You could try increasing the TTL of your messages, to try to reach more of those devices that are currently offline.

You can also use the page GCM Diagnostic, included in the Play Developer Console, to get more insights about a specific message.

Best regards,
- Diego