Does CCS support Bidirectional-streams Over Synchronous HTTP (BOSH)?

Westermack Batanyita

Apr 2, 2015, 5:33:46 AM4/2/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I am using a JavaScript library that employs BOSH to connect to an XMPP server over HTTP. I wish to know if CCS supports it, and if so, how to enable it.

Sergey Mkhitaryan

Apr 3, 2015, 10:01:34 PM4/3/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Westermack,

No, CCS doesn't support BOSH.

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 2:33 AM, Westermack Batanyita <weba...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am using a JavaScript library that employs BOSH to connect to an XMPP server over HTTP. I wish to know if CCS supports it, and if so, how to enable it.

Westermack Batanyita

Apr 5, 2015, 1:19:58 AM4/5/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sergey,

Thank you for your response!

Just one quick followup question..are there any plans to support it in the future? 'Coz. needless to say, GCM is not just Android now, it's also Chrome Apps, and Chrome Apps are all JavaScript. Without BOSH, GCM is pretty much useless to an all-JavaScript flow...