Uploading is not possible. App measurement disabled error

Adam Angle

Apr 30, 2016, 2:15:35 PM4/30/16
to android-gcm
Hello,
Recently, I have been creating an application that can have a NavigationDrawer as the base navigation for the main page, however I have run into a couple problems.
I am using the NavigationDrawer example that is explained here as the base for the NavigationDrawer, and I have found some errors with the example with mTitle, so I commented the lines that include changing the title to mTitle, however, I get this awkward error:
I/GMPM App measurement is starting up
/GMPM getGoogleAppId failed with status: 10
/GMPM Uploading is not possible. App measurement disabled

There is no stack trace other than this, and it seems to be cutting off the installation of the app on the emulator. I have searched online and found nothing helpful, and have frantically been undoing code and trying, and it still appears with this same error. The activity is declared in the manifest file and all strings are good, and no significant changes to the code has been made.  Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Diego Giorgini

May 2, 2016, 12:00:21 PM5/2/16
to android-gcm

Adam Angle

May 2, 2016, 3:01:36 PM5/2/16
to android-gcm
Hi Diego,

I looked at the answer that you have provided and it states this as a warning, as mine terminates the uploading process, treating it as a severe error.

Diego Giorgini

May 3, 2016, 11:12:08 AM5/3/16
to android-gcm
I wrote warning but I was referring to the exact logs you reported.

I/GMPM App measurement is starting up
/GMPM getGoogleAppId failed with status: 10
/GMPM Uploading is not possible. App measurement disabled

Those logs are from the Analytics library, which GCM declared as dependency by mistake.
This should not cause any problem for your apk.
As alternative you can use the previous version of GCM.

A new release, which includes a fix for this, will be released soon.