GCM notifications are not received on device with Android 2.3.6

abhi...@interfaceinfosoft.com

Mar 3, 2014, 2:14:01 AM3/3/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have implemented GCM and tested. It works fine on 4.0 or higher android versions.
I'm using HTC Nexus One having android version 2.3.6. I'm not able to receive any gcm notification.
Though my receiver gives me REGISTRATION inent from which i'm receiving REGISTRATION_ID.
I also checked google play services but it returns SUCCESS.
I also have tested on HTC DESIRE C with android version 4.0.3. REGISTRATION_ID i'm receiving in the same manner and notifications are also received on this device.
Please help me with your suggestions.

Brian Chae

Mar 8, 2014, 1:15:38 AM3/8/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
lower than 4.0 accept only gmail account.

Rajesh Uragonda

Mar 8, 2015, 3:30:07 PM3/8/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com, abhi...@interfaceinfosoft.com
Hello,
I too have same problem, made many changes but I was unable to solve it. Have you got any solution?
If yes please reply, thanks in advance.

Rajesh Uragonda

Mar 8, 2015, 3:31:33 PM3/8/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Is there any alternative way?

Costin Manolache

Mar 8, 2015, 11:34:05 PM3/8/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
To confirm: you are running on Gingerbread, there is a gmail account - and you also have Google Play Services installed ?

Can you check if Google Talk app is installed and works ?

Costin

On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 12:31 PM, Rajesh Uragonda <iamraj...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there any alternative way?

Rajesh Uragonda

Mar 9, 2015, 1:04:23 AM3/9/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Yes, there is google account and play services installed, GTalk works fine...

Rajesh Uragonda

Mar 9, 2015, 1:06:42 AM3/9/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
You can check my manifest file over here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28926947/gcm-messages-are-not-received-on-android-2-3-6-v-but-working-fine-on-android-4-x
if any changes needed, please suggest me.

Tomcat

Mar 11, 2015, 5:22:24 AM3/11/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Did you try genuine ChromeToPhone app? If it works, I believe device/os is ready for GCM.

2015年3月9日月曜日 14時06分42秒 UTC+9 Rajesh Uragonda: