Retrieving an existing notification_key

Brian Bowden

Feb 3, 2015, 11:56:56 AM2/3/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

Is there currently a way to retrieve an existing notification_key tied to a pre-existing notification_key_name? I'm extending the popular node-gcm, adding support for user notifications, and in my exploration, I discovered that there didn't seem to be a way to retrieve a notification_key if I somehow lost it. I also noticed that it was not possible for me to recreate it using the same notification_key_name. This was a bit worrying, since the only solution I found for loss of a notification_key was to provide a new notification_key_name and generate a new notification_key. This becomes messy when you're simply trying to maintain a simple user/notification_key relationship (where userId is the notification_key_name).

Am I missing anything? Thanks!

Tingmui Li

Feb 17, 2015, 4:28:33 PM2/17/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately, we don't have this today. As you indicated, this is useful and is in our feature list. We will announce this on this forum and update our API documentation when that becomes available.

Thank you for the feedback!
Tingmui