Should Deckard auto-verify new patch sets?

james....@garmin.com

Nov 21, 2014, 3:27:45 PM11/21/14
to android...@googlegroups.com
I have a set of related changes which were initially auto-verified quite promptly by deckard, however they failed since they didn't merge with google's internal build tree. However I saw that a large amount of changes to the projects my changes were in showed up on the external trees as part of the 5.0 release. I rebased my changes and uploaded new patch sets, however it's been 10 days and deckard hasn't attempted to re-verify them yet. Is there another step I need to take to get deckard to verify my new patch sets? Or is deckard only supposed to attempt auto verification on the first patchset of a change?

Glenn Kasten

Nov 21, 2014, 5:27:21 PM11/21/14
to android...@googlegroups.com
Verification by Deckard is "best effort" which means it is not guaranteed to happen,
for example due to build resources, dependencies, etc.

If you need a verification urgently, you can request a reviewer to do it manually,
but of course that also depends on the reviewer's ability / time to do this.
While waiting for the verification, you could continue on trying to get the code reviews
(gently ... many of us are backlogged).