HTTP proxy for AfW profile

Jeff Dowling

Aug 8, 2017, 5:39:19 PM8/8/17
to Android Contributors

DevicePolicyManager.setRecommendedGlobalProxy sets a global HTTP proxy and requires the caller to be the device owner. I’d like a setRecommendedProfileProxy where the proxy is scoped to a work profile and the caller must be the profile owner. Is this a reasonable request that aligns with AfW goals? Is this already being worked on? Can I help/contribute to add this functionality? I realize it’s not a simple change and has security implications.

Thanks,

Jeff

Glenn Kasten

Aug 8, 2017, 5:41:50 PM8/8/17
to Android Contributors
Jeff,
Thank you for your suggestion and offer.  This group is not widely read, so if you don't get a response here,
please consider filing a feature request at https://source.android.com/source/report-bugs
and/or uploading a changelist at https://source.android.com/source/submit-patches