Re: About modifying the battery estimation model in Android

Message has been deleted

Glenn Kasten

Aug 13, 2014, 12:52:47 PM8/13/14
to android...@googlegroups.com

If you have not already done so, I suggest you watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzSKIpJepUw
and then contact the presenters via the links they give.

On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 8:59:00 AM UTC-7, Zichen Xu wrote:
Hi,

I'm a graduate student who works on power-aware computing systems.
My recent studies reveal that the battery estimation models in current stable Android version and many versions before
are not accurate. More precisely, they usually underestimate the remaining batteries.
I would like to contribute some code to this component, in order to provide more
accurate battery information for other APIs, e.g., batterymgr, and possible applications upon.
Just wondering are there any similar projects on-going or are there anyone in the group
who may be interested in this.

Regards,

--
Frank from OSU

mattew...@gmail.com

Aug 14, 2014, 12:54:56 AM8/14/14
to android...@googlegroups.com
It seems interesting. But how could you do it?
Can you share some sample codes if you finished the prototype?