Connecting external hdmi display to android

mahendra naik

May 16, 2015, 3:31:09 PM5/16/15
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

   I am using slimport to mirror all contents of my nexus 7 tab onto my hdmi monitor. Although the mirroring does not have any lag, its not mapped perfectly to the hdmi screen. There are black edges on the either side of the screen.
But if I project an instance of presentation class on the monitor it occupies the full screen perfectly. So it should be possible to dynamically change the screen resolution to suit the hdmi display.

While looking for solutions on the internet, all I found was app specific screen resolution changes or the system had to reboot for the changes to take effect.

Is there any alternative to dynamically change the screen resolution of the external hdmi display when it is attached to my nexus 7?
If not the exact solution, some pointers to code in the android source would be of great help.

Also, where in android source can I know about events performed when an hdmi external display is connected and how the system decides to mirror the content ?
I did read through DisplayMangerService, SurfaceFlinger, libexternal  classes bases on android logs. Couldn't figure out the complete scenario.

Any help  would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Mahendra Naik