About Android Bugs

Renato Otaiza

Jan 12, 2014, 10:16:37 PM1/12/14
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I am making an analysis of the bug characteristics of Android, and
would like to get your thoughts about it. According the list of
incidents, 62% of the bugs are marked as NEW, which I think is a very
high percentage, assuming that they haven't been checked at all. Then,
13% of bugs are DECLINED, and just 6% of the total number of bugs are
marked as RELEASED. Also, 5% is DUPLICATE and 3.5% FUTURE RELEASE and
the others are negligible.

How would you explain this trend? I am of course aware about the
unpaid and free contribution from different people that work on these
bugs, but just want to start a discussion about the situation aiming
to get interesting conclusions.

Appreciate your comments!

Cheers,
Renato

venkata kiran surapaneni

Jan 27, 2014, 11:29:55 AM1/27/14
to android...@googlegroups.com
I think the Enhancements percentage in those bugs also matter. May be if there are good percentage of Enhancement requests, that may indicate a trend.