Can't upload to android-review.googelsource.com: "fatal: remote error: Individual contributor agreem

Florian Schmaus

Jan 9, 2014, 4:19:12 AM1/9/14
to android...@googlegroups.com
I can't upload commits with 'repo upload' to android-review.googlesource.com. I've logged in with my Google account, added a second e-mail address and accepted the contributor agreement as individual using my second e-mail address. The HTTP password I put in .netrc seems to be tied to my Google mail address. 'repo upload' always results in

fatal: remote error: Individual contributor agreement requires current contact information.

https://android-review.googlesource.com/#/settings/group-memberships shows that my account is in the group "CLA Accepted - Individual". I noticed that my 'Full Name' under 'Contact Information' is not displayed and that I am unable to change it, because clicking on 'Edit' always opens my Google+ profile settings, where there is no option regarding my Full name. I already re-entered my contact information under 'https://android-review.googlesource.com/#/settings/contact'.

Some people suggest that it may take a while for all android-review servers to be in sync, it it's already a few days ago since I accepted the agreement, re-entered my contact information and I am still unable to upload. :(

There are two similar topic at android-contrib
- https://groups.google.com/d/msg/android-contrib/mBkV6BkT8QY/exkThfE_WHQJ
- https://groups.google.com/d/msg/android-contrib/0DKTnm2HZxk/OdGlz2-sJEIJ
but none of them provides a solution.

Thanks
 Florian

Vadim Markovtsev

Jan 13, 2014, 7:38:49 AM1/13/14
to android...@googlegroups.com
This is exactly my problem, too. Two emails, signed agreement, "Individual contributor agreement requires current contact information", empty "Full Name". I filed a Gerrit bug report here: https://code.google.com/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=2394

Florian Schmaus

Jan 13, 2014, 2:57:30 PM1/13/14
On Monday, January 13, 2014 1:38:49 PM UTC+1, Vadim Markovtsev wrote:
This is exactly my problem, too. Two emails, signed agreement, "Individual contributor agreement requires current contact information", empty "Full Name". I filed a Gerrit bug report here: https://code.google.com/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=2394

Glad that I am not alone. I posted it as https://code.google.com/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=2384 and as state there I'm not sure if this is the correct contact channel for android-review.googlesource.com. It's a pity that there is no contact information for this tool.

I suspect it has something to do with me using a different e-mail address as my gmail one for signing the CLA. Did you do that too?

Vadim Markovtsev

Jan 15, 2014, 1:17:50 AM1/15/14
to android...@googlegroups.com
Yup, you are right.

Peter Yoon

Mar 6, 2014, 7:53:59 PM3/6/14
to android...@googlegroups.com
I am facing same issue, and  add a comment on https://code.google.com/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=2384

Conley Owens

Mar 6, 2014, 8:03:55 PM3/6/14
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter, thanks for the comment on the bug. We'll look into it.
> --
>
> ---

Macpaul Lin

Mar 12, 2014, 1:06:56 PM3/12/14
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi Conley,

Just want let you know my friend and I have encountered in this problem, too.
Just want to follow this problem if there is any updated here.
Both of us signed the CLA by enter "I AGREE" at first, and then fill the contact information later in contact info fields.

Conley Owens於 2014年3月7日星期五UTC+8上午9時03分55秒寫道:

Conley Owens

Mar 17, 2014, 2:08:09 PM3/17/14
to android...@googlegroups.com
Very sorry for the trouble.  I've created a change to better communicate the form's current limitations.  When this is merged, it will appear on the AOSP review site soon after to prevent these issues.

https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/c/55214/2