Help translating to Portuguese

Marcos Alves

Aug 8, 2014, 1:23:42 PM8/8/14
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

I noticed some parts of AOSP (on my Nexus 5) are not properly translated to Portuguese (European version). How should I go about translating them so everyone else could get them as well?

Many thanks.

Glenn Kasten

Aug 8, 2014, 4:09:34 PM8/8/14
to android...@googlegroups.com
Since this is an existing language, please file a bug here:

Or you can upload a Gerrit CL with your proposed text to AOSP.

We will probably not be able to merge the CL directly from AOSP due to technical process limitations,
but seeing your proposed text would be helpful.

In either case, please reply here with the URL of the bug and the Gerrit CL.

Note: If this were a new language, AOSP would unfortunately not be able to accept a contribution

Glenn Kasten

Aug 8, 2014, 7:13:11 PM8/8/14
to android...@googlegroups.com
Update:  I spoke with our translation team, and they requested this in the bug you file:

We'll need the below to properly triage these bugs
1) Screenshot showing the issue
2) Current translation
3) Proposed translation

enh

Aug 8, 2014, 7:14:53 PM8/8/14
to android...@googlegroups.com
if you're sufficiently l33t, including the message id from the
strings.xml file is the key to getting these resolved quickly.
> --
>
> ---

Java i18n/JNI/NIO, or bionic questions? Mail me/drop by/add me as a reviewer.