Android.mk not copying to /system

Ryan Philips

Feb 18, 2017, 11:15:42 AM2/18/17
to Android Building
Hi,

I am trying to build a test source. I have created an external/mytest directory and the following in Android.mk

include $(CLEAR_VARS)
LOCAL_SRC_FILES := testextspi.c
LOCAL_MODULE    := testextspi
LOCAL_MODULE_PATH := $(TARGET_ROOT_OUT_SBIN)
LOCAL_UNSTRIPPED_PATH := $(TARGET_ROOT_OUT_SBIN_UNSTRIPPED)
include $(BUILD_EXECUTABLE)

The problem is it builds and create obj files and creates the binary inside "<PRODUCT_OUT>./symbols/system/sbin/"
But it does not create the same binary in /system/bin in the filesystem. which is <PRODUCT_OUT>/system/sbin/

I am not sure what i am missing here..

Colin Cross

Feb 18, 2017, 11:25:40 AM2/18/17
to android-...@googlegroups.com
What command are you using to build? You generally need to ask the
build system to install a module for you by adding it to
PRODUCT_PACKAGES for the product you are building. If you are just
testing locally, running mmma external/mytest should build and install
everything defined in external/mytest.
> --
> --
>
> ---
> "Android Building" group.
> email to android-buildi...@googlegroups.com.

Dan Willemsen

Feb 18, 2017, 1:14:35 PM2/18/17
to android-...@googlegroups.com
TARGET_ROOT_OUT_SBIN would put that executable in <PRODUCT_OUT>/root/sbin, which is the root ramdisk, not the system partition. There isn't a /system/sbin, we just put everything in /system/bin.

- Dan