Repo init in current directory

redevil

Feb 11, 2015, 6:48:20 PM2/11/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

It is my understanding that the repo init command is intended to get the build project (manifests etc) and place this in your current directory under .repo folder.
I am attempting to create a second repo in a subdirectory, so that I can compare the project differences between the original and second repo.

However, the repo init will not create a second repository for me?

This is the command I am using...
pwd = /Volumes/Droid-HD/src/temp/src

repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b android-4.4.2_r2 —depth=1

Response:

repo has been initialized in /Volumes/Droid-HD/src
If this is not the directory in which you want to initialize repo, please run:
rm -r /Volumes/Droid-HD/src/.repo
and try again.

Any ideas why it is not being created in the current directory?

Thanks

Glenn Kasten

Feb 11, 2015, 8:13:23 PM2/11/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com
You mention having the second copy in a subdirectory of the first.
I recommend not doing that.  Instead have both copies in locations
that are not subdirectories of each other.

Etienne de Villiers

Feb 12, 2015, 1:20:47 PM2/12/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Glenn, I did try that. With no success.
What did work:
Removal and replacement of the original
Recreate the copy,

The copy was still in a subdirectory of the original – however I agree with the idea that’s not such a great plan.
Something to do with the state of the original repo appears to have prevented creating the new copy.

Thanks

---