AOSP lollipop build for deb with WITH_DEXPREOPT_PIC option true, not moving oat files in system part

Amardeep Jaiman

Jul 23, 2015, 10:51:30 AM7/23/15
to Android Building
Hello All,

I am trying to build AOSP lollipop build for Deb( google nexus 7 2013)
device with

WITH_DEXPREOPT := true and WITH_DEXPREOPT_PIC := true  option in
device.mk file. As per following link

https://source.android.com/devices/tech/dalvik/configure.html#with_dexpreopt_pic

After build using WITH_DEXPREOPT_PIC := true, on first boot oat files
should be moved to system partition not in data/dalvik-cache. But I
still finding mapping of odex file in data/dalvik-cache folder, they
are not being moved in system partition.

Please help if someone has already faced this problem or someone from
google can give their input.

Thanks

Eugene San

Sep 30, 2015, 9:58:54 AM9/30/15
to Android Building
Hello,

Seems like I am observing the same behavior.
Despite odex being pre-buit using PIC, they are still relocated to /data/dalvik-cache.

According to referenced in original question article, I would expect those ODEX files to be used as is.

Also I've noticed that WITH_DEXPREOPT_PIC requires WITH_DEXPREOPT_COMP := false, which is somehow enable by default in my tree (CM12.1).

Regards.