ANN: AOSP master branch build/ project move

Dan Willemsen

Oct 11, 2016, 3:59:50 PM10/11/16
to Android Building

I’ll be submitting https://android-review.googlesource.com/286781 shortly in order to move the `build` project to `build/make`. This will only affect the master branch.

  • If you don’t have any local changes to the build project, just sync like normal, everything should just work.

  • If you have uncommitted changes, your sync will fail, and you’ll either have to commit your changes or reset the files in order to sync.

  • If you have local branches, the safest solution is to backup your changes (to gerrit, or otherwise) before your next sync, then apply them into the new project. If you don’t do that, this command should be able to restore your branches, at least until `git gc` runs:

(cd build/make; git fetch ../../.repo/projects/build.git refs/heads/*:refs/heads/* refs/published/*:refs/published/*; git config -l -f ../../.repo/projects/build.git/config | grep '^branch.' | sed 's/=/ /' | xargs -L1 git config)

If you encounter any problems, please respond here.

Thanks,

Dan

darview_cheng

Mar 28, 2017, 10:49:40 AM3/28/17
to Android Building

How can I build with the master branch with this change?

在 2016年10月12日星期三 UTC+8上午3:59:50,Dan Willemsen写道:

Dan Willemsen

Mar 28, 2017, 4:41:08 PM3/28/17
to Android Building
It looks like it's not finding your source directory. Running `gettop` should return the absolute path to your source directory. You can override this by setting the TOP environment variable, but it should auto-detect the value if you're in the source directory.

That being said, if your source directory is corrupt due to this move, that could also cause problems -- does build/core/envsetup.mk exist? (build/core should be a symlink to build/make/core). If it doesn't exist, where there any errors from the last `repo sync`?

- Dan

---

成达玉

Mar 30, 2017, 2:00:39 PM3/30/17
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks you so much.
I've got the error and fixed it.
There is something wrong with my repo.

Best Regards.
Darview_Cheng

I downloaded sourcecode as the following steps:

1.repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b master
2.repo sync -c -d
But I donot have "build/core" in my directory.
I added my manifest.xml in the attachment.

And if i run "repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b master" and "repo sync -c -d platform/build" in another folder
I got a folder "build/make".
And I found that my manifest.xml do not have a directory named "build".

I cannot build the source code now.
Could you please help me to find out a method that I can build the the code.

Thanks,
Darview_Cheng

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 7:49 AM darview_cheng <cheng...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Android Building" group.

成达玉

darview_cheng

Mar 30, 2017, 2:00:50 PM3/30/17
to Android Building
I found that I do not have build/core.
so,I synced again,no error happened ,but I still do not have that directory.
I just downloaded the sourcecode two weeks ago.
What should I do to fix it?

Dan Willemsen

Mar 30, 2017, 2:31:37 PM3/30/17
to Android Building
Yeah, that manifest looks correct -- you may be using an out of date repo. Make sure your `repo --version` output looks like:

repo version v1.12.37
repo launcher version 1.23

- Dan