AOSP compiled but have crash

bitbytei...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2016, 10:59:03 PM3/28/16
to Android Building
Hi.
I build 4.0.4 (crespo4g) AOSP sources on Ubuntu 14.04. Flash my phone, all going success.
But when I start phone i see message: "Unfortunately, Launcher has stopped"
Press OK and see this again.

Here logcat log.
As you can see I have fatal exception.

"java.lang.RuntimeException: eglConfig not initialized"
"at android.view.HardwareRenderer$GlRenderer.initializeEgl(HardwareRenderer.java:565)"

HardwareRenderer can't be initialized? Why it can be? Where I can see more info about this exception (stack traces writed to '/data/anr/traces.txt' but I can't see this - have not permissions)

p.s.
When flashing Googles Factory Image all works fine.
Just replace System.img and UserData.img and have errors.

sorry for my English.
Thanks.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Mar 29, 2016, 11:01:09 AM3/29/16
to Android Building, bitbytei...@gmail.com
You're missing the OpenGL libraries, which are necessary for the graphics system to start.

See the section about proprietary binaries at https://source.android.com/source/running.html

JBQ

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Quéru
Mobile Excellence Architect, Yahoo

---

bitbytei...@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2016, 10:03:06 AM3/31/16
to Android Building, bitbytei...@gmail.com

Thanks! So much!!
Two weeks I'm trying to do this.

I check my OpenGL version
ldd --version
ldd (Ubuntu EGLIBC 2.19-0ubuntu6.7) 2.19
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
Written by Roland McGrath and Ulrich Drepper.

so I have it installed. But I remember, when i have installed Ubuntu and environment for building AOSP i having some trouble with libGL symbolik links.
Google told nothing for my requests, so i make changes in symlinks as i think. Then i had no errors with compiling the project.

what i do:
sudo apt-get install steam:i386
sudo unlink /usr/lib/libGL.so
ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1.2.0 /usr/lib/libGL.so

locate libGL.so | egrep ^/usr | xargs file
/usr/lib/libGL.so:                             symbolic link to `/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1.2.0'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so:       symbolic link to `libGL.so.1.2.0'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1:     symbolic link to `libGL.so.1.2.0'

maybe here is my mistake?
I'm sorry but i little bit newbie in linux.

Thanks again!

Kamlesh Sangani

Mar 31, 2016, 10:03:37 AM3/31/16
to Android Building
Flashing/Testing on which device? Hope you added correct device binaries/drivers.

bitbytei...@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2016, 1:47:06 PM3/31/16
to Android Building
With precompiled binaries all works fine. I use for flushing Nexus S 4G phone. Interesting - why it crashing when i do not add precompiled binaries.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Mar 31, 2016, 5:02:43 PM3/31/16
to android-...@googlegroups.com
What happens is that Android 3.x and above require specific OpenGL hardware-accelerated features for which there is no practical software fallback, and for which there are typically no implementations available as source code. That's why you need to download those binaries, which provide the necessary functions.

JBQ

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Quéru
Mobile Excellence Architect, Yahoo
Sent from Yahoo Mail

bitbytei...@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2016, 10:32:23 AM4/5/16
to Android Building, j...@yahoo-inc.com
Thank You! Now i understand something more)))