Distributing vendor SDK-Addon with libraries and its resources

Pankaj Kumar

Apr 30, 2018, 12:42:08 PM4/30/18
to Android Building
Hello Everyone,

I'm building sdk -addon for a custom Android platform based on Android 8.0.1
Able to build sdk-addon with all required libraries which I'm going to share with client developers.
But there are few libraries which needs resources as well like colors, theme res etc.

With SDK-Addon I can only see libraries under libs/ folder.

I read that LOCAL_JAVA_RESOURCE_DIRS variable can be used to build jars with resource.
But I guess there's a limitation to use this variable only when you're building with BUILD_HOST_JAVA_LIBRARY.

And all of my platform libraries are built with BUILD_STATIC_JAVA_LIBRARY.

So, is there a way to either include resources with my SDK-Addon or with libraries itself ??

Ronny Pau

May 2, 2018, 3:44:12 PM5/2/18
to Android Building
Hi Pankaj,

Sorry, I do not have answer to your question but i am curious as to whether you are able to successfully get sdk-addon working on Android 8.  I have been trying to get it to run on Android 6 & 7 by following the sample but have always encountered an error.

Sharing your experience is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ronny