Problem in Nexus 5X AOSP building

L Jinho

Jun 26, 2016, 10:46:49 PM6/26/16
to Android Building
I tried to build whole android binary for Nexus 5X (bullhead)
I could clone the kernel with android-msm-bullhead-3.10-marshmallow-mr2 git branch

However, There is no binaries for Nexus 5X in https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/drivers

In that web-site, there are some binaries like below, (Nexus 5 for example)

Nexus 5 (GSM/LTE) binaries for Android 4.4.2 (KOT49H)

Hardware ComponentCompanyDownloadMD5 ChecksumSHA-1 Checksum
NFC, Bluetooth, Wi-FiBroadcomLink452a3341cc119426525840940cad1305a22b82fc6e49c2a49dc00f2cd34de599cd7c36a9
Camera, Sensors, AudioLGLink0c70d48e8555ad9551f315352f2f7df18cd487560bd3fba2c26a69d88f93dd255078c5c6
Graphics, GSM, Camera, GPS, Sensors, Media, DSP, USBQualcommLink8add65d8167f3d6c13280a2b63ef4184deb466243f40d948520230cc21f0618ee02e079b

Nexus 5X got some different camera and wi-fi modules (and some others), Nexus 5's binaries could not be used for Nexus 5X.

Where can I get those SW for Nexus 5X? Over a year, Nexus 5X's SW did not update in that site?

Thanks for reading

Alex Mayle

Jun 29, 2016, 2:58:48 PM6/29/16
to Android Building
I replied but I think my response got caught up in the filter system.

Anyway, this thread will help you a lot. Basically you just need to extract the vendor.img from the appropriate device image. These are provided by Google here

It is likely that after including the vendor.img file in your build, the bluetooth and telephony will be broken. Consult this thread for a fix.

Alex Mayle

Jun 29, 2016, 2:58:48 PM6/29/16
to Android Building
If I'm understanding you correctly, you are looking for the device drivers and such for the Nexus 5x?

For the Nexus devices, these are actually included in the entire device image. These images can be found here, and you can extract the vendor.img from it easily to get the drivers. Simply put the vendor.img in the same directory as all the other generated images after you run make. Running "adb -w flashall" will put the working OS on the phone.

While this will result in a working build, the bluetooth and telephony will likely be broken. This is actually a mistake on Google's part. I went through this and used this thread's info to solve it. Read the thread and check out the repo it links to. That repo actually documents the bug and fix better than I could, but it's basically a script you'll run on the vendor.img file. It will produce a directory that you will place at the root of your AOSP source. Run make once more and your bluetooth / telephony issue will be fixed. If you have any follow up questions let me know.

Also, if you are trying to build MHC19Q, I already ran the script on the respective vendor.img file. I can simply send you the resulting directory.