Build on Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL build 17107.1000) fails each time with a different error

MiHol

Feb 25, 2018, 6:25:21 PM2/25/18
to Android Building
I'm trying to build anbox on WSL (build 17107.1000) according to instructions from https://github.com/anbox/anbox/blob/master/docs/build-android.md

I got up to step: Build Android
the part 'initialize the build using lunch'. The lunch command fails with a different error each time I tried.
Any suggestion how to diagnose the root cause?

example:
root@W10D_RS3:~/anbox-work# lunch anbox_x86_64-userdebug
20:16:45 Could not create module-finder: finder encountered 6 errors: [/root/anbox-work/frameworks/opt/setupwizard/library/main: open /root/anbox-work/frameworks/opt/setupwizard/library/main: no such file or directory /root/anbox-work/prebuilts/tools/common/m2/repository/com/amazonaws/aws-java-sdk-codedeploy/1.11.18: lstat /root/anbox-work/prebuilts/tools/common/m2/repository/com/amazonaws/aws-java-sdk-codedeploy/1.11.18: no such file or directory /root/anbox-work/packages/apps/CellBroadcastReceiver/tests/unit/src/com/android/cellbroadcastreceiver: open /root/anbox-work/packages/apps/CellBroadcastReceiver/tests/unit/src/com/android/cellbroadcastreceiver: no such file or directory /root/anbox-work/external/webrtc/talk/app/webrtc/java/src/org/webrtc: lstat /root/anbox-work/external/webrtc/talk/app/webrtc/java/src/org/webrtc: no such file or directory /root/anbox-work/external/webrtc/talk/app/webrtc/java/testcommon/src/org: lstat /root/anbox-work/external/webrtc/talk/app/webrtc/java/testcommon/src/org: no such file or directory /root/anbox-work/external/mockftpserver/tags/2.4/src/test/groovy/org/mockftpserver/fake: lstat /root/anbox-work/external/mockftpserver/tags/2.4/src/test/groovy/org/mockftpserver/fake: no such file or directory]
root@W10D_RS3:~/anbox-work# lunch anbox_x86_64-userdebug
20:20:39 Could not create module-finder: finder encountered 3 errors: [/root/anbox-work/development/samples/OpenGL/HelloOpenGLES10/src/com/example: lstat /root/anbox-work/development/samples/OpenGL/HelloOpenGLES10/src/com/example: no such file or directory /root/anbox-work/frameworks/support/core-utils/src/main/java/android/support/v4/math: lstat /root/anbox-work/frameworks/support/core-utils/src/main/java/android/support/v4/math: no such file or directory /root/anbox-work/frameworks/support/core-utils/src/main/java/android/support/v4/provider: lstat /root/anbox-work/frameworks/support/core-utils/src/main/java/android/support/v4/provider: no such file or directory]
root@W10D_RS3:~/anbox-work#

Nandhan Thiravia

Feb 6, 2019, 11:54:16 AM2/6/19
to Android Building
Hi

I tried to build Android Pie on WSL and even I faced a similar issue with respect to "module finder" & "lstat" issue. Need help in getting my Android Source code build.

Regards
Nandhan

MR MH

Feb 7, 2019, 10:14:00 AM2/7/19
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nandan!

How are you. I tried WSL several times. It was not worth the effort. I think the performance was not any better than a VM. If the hassle of switching in and out of a VM is bothering you then I would just SSH into a VM which feels just like you are building it on your windows machine. Then use the VM shared folder to share files with Windows.

Regards,
Rafi

---

Nandhan Thiravia

Feb 11, 2019, 11:04:18 AM2/11/19
to Android Building
Yes Ravi, you are right, WSL has not matured yet to handle Android Source Code build, actually not even matured to build some on the smaller open source projects. I have switched back to VM, but the ssh will be a good one to explore, thank you for this idea. :)

Regards
Nandhan