error while building reference TV application(live-tv) for arm64 platform.

Mallamma Nargund

Feb 16, 2018, 2:45:36 PM2/16/18
to Android Building
Hello,
I am trying to build live tv application for arm64 platform.
Downloaded the reference tv application source code referring this link https://source.android.com/devices/tv/reference-tv-app for android 6.0 .
root@mallamma:/home/mallamma/studioProjectsTV/live-tv# make LiveTv
PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=P
PLATFORM_VERSION=P
TARGET_PRODUCT=aosp_arm64
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=eng
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_BUILD_APPS=LiveTv
TARGET_ARCH=arm64
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv8-a
TARGET_CPU_VARIANT=generic
TARGET_2ND_ARCH=arm
TARGET_2ND_ARCH_VARIANT=armv7-a
TARGET_2ND_CPU_VARIANT=generic
HOST_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_2ND_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-4.8.1-x86_64-Ubuntu-14.04.4-LTS
HOST_CROSS_OS=windows
HOST_CROSS_ARCH=x86
HOST_CROSS_2ND_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=OC-MR1
OUT_DIR=out
ninja: no work to do.
[1/1] out/soong/.bootstrap/bin/soong_build out/soong/build.ninja
out/build-aosp_arm64-_packages_apps_TV_Android.mk-cleanspec.ninja is missing, regenerating...
out/build-aosp_arm64-_packages_apps_TV_Android.mk.ninja is missing, regenerating...
build/make/core/binary.mk:193: error: packages/apps/TV/jni: Unknown LOCAL_NDK_STL_VARIANT stlport_static.
14:30:28 ckati failed with: exit status 1

#### failed to build some targets (7 seconds) ####

Dan Willemsen

Feb 16, 2018, 4:42:19 PM2/16/18
to Android Building
If you're building from the master platform branch, you need to use the TV app that's in master, not an older version (that uses build features that are no longer supported).

- Dan

---

Jacky Lee

Oct 29, 2019, 12:48:45 AM10/29/19
to Android Building
Hi, Have you solved this problem? I build an latin IME apk with same error on Android P like this "Unknown LOCAL_NDK_STL_VARIANT stlport_static."

because I need to use stlport_static. My Application.mk include APP_STL := stlport_static, so I got this error.