Shamu qualcomm media issues

Evan Anderson

Jan 19, 2015, 8:25:48 PM1/19/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

It seems as if shamu is partially broken in AOSP.  Building shamu with the aosp released binary files results in issues with media playback.  No video will play, be it streaming or local.  From the setup of shamu's device tree and the hardware/qcom/media repository it should be fine.  Other devices such as hammerhead don't have any issues with video playback and never have.  From the logs grabbed from shamu with broken media playback it seems to point to omx errors even though by all accounts that should be included in the build already.  We were able to find a strange way of fixing this, but I am unsure why this fix even works. https://gerrit.paranoidandroid.co/#/c/223/4

Any insight is appreciated.