Issues while building Android 4.4 for Pandaboard ES

Aashish Patel

Feb 26, 2014, 6:46:32 AM2/26/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am trying to build android 4.4 for Pandaboard ES on my system but I am getting the following:

build/core/multi_prebuilt.mk:18: *** prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.x/lib: LOCAL_MODULE or LOCAL_MODULE_CLASS not needed by BUILD_MULTI_PREBUILT, use BUILD_PREBUILT instead!.  Stop.

I tried searching for solution but could not find any.
My system configuration is :
OS : Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit
RAM : 2GB
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz × 4

I have downloaded android-4.4.2_r1 source and x-loader,u-boot and kernel from instruction given on following site:

and following steps for build
source /build/envsetup.sh
lunch full_panda-userdebug
make

and build stops at above mentioned point.

Please guide me
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Aashish

Magnus Bäck

Feb 26, 2014, 11:40:30 AM2/26/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 06:46 EST,
Aashish Patel <aashisha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to build android 4.4 for Pandaboard ES on my system but I
> am getting the following:
>
> build/core/multi_prebuilt.mk:18: ***
> prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.x/lib:
> LOCAL_MODULE or LOCAL_MODULE_CLASS not needed by BUILD_MULTI_PREBUILT,
> use BUILD_PREBUILT instead!. Stop.

Your workspace is screwed up. AOSP 4.4 doesn't even have
a prebuilt/linux-x86 directory. I think it was removed in
the 4.2 timeframe. If you haven't made any changes I suggest
you wipe the checked out tree by running 'rm -rf *' at the
top of the source tree and sync again. You won't be deleting
the downloaded gits, only the worktrees, so the sync will be
pretty quick.

> I tried searching for solution but could not find any.
> My system configuration is :
> OS : Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit
> RAM : 2GB
> Processor: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz × 4

You are aware that 2 GB RAM is well below the minimum?

[...]

--
Magnus Bäck
ba...@google.com

Aashish Patel

Feb 27, 2014, 6:46:07 AM2/27/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for early reply.
I thought I would have done something wrong while following the steps mentioned in the post.
While browsing through google groups I found this

Following the steps mentioned in the above post I started the build again. It is going smooth till now. Will update.

JF Dionne

Feb 28, 2014, 1:51:09 PM2/28/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
panda board is no longer in the lunch list for android 4.4 anyhow.

Aashish Patel

Mar 4, 2014, 12:19:58 AM3/4/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I got working following steps mentioned here

Board is booting and am getting display as well. BT is working. I am yet to test wifi and audio.