How to compile Android L preview for Nexus 4

Wang sen

Jul 3, 2014, 12:51:51 AM7/3/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone:
    I notice Android L preview source code has been posted on AOSP for lots of Nexus device. https://android.googlesource.com/device/lge/mako/+/l-preview
My Phone is Nexus4, so I want to try compile the source code.I followed the step by https://source.android.com/source/building.html
My OS is Ubuntu 14.10 x64, and I pull the source code for branche l-preview.
When I type the command "lunch" for a target, there is no one for L preview.The default option is aosp_arm-eng.
There are some args like:

PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=AOSP
PLATFORM_VERSION=4.4.3.43.43.43
TARGET_PRODUCT=aosp_arm
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=eng
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
TARGET_ARCH=arm
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv7-a
TARGET_CPU_VARIANT=generic
TARGET_2ND_ARCH=
TARGET_2ND_ARCH_VARIANT=
TARGET_2ND_CPU_VARIANT=
HOST_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-3.15.0-6-generic-x86_64-with-Ubuntu-14.10-utopic
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=AOSP
OUT_DIR=out

I'm newer on compile Android source so I don't know how to config these args.
I guess some args should be changed like this:

PLATFORM_VERSION=5.0   ?
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=preview  ?

Does somebody know how to config these args before build the source? Thanks.

Al Sutton

Jul 3, 2014, 1:53:40 AM7/3/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
The L preview release in AOSP isn’t complete, it only contains the GPL covered projects and so any build will not create a completely functional release equivalent to the images provided at d.android.com.

Al.
--
Al Sutton - Funky Android Ltd.
(funkyandroid.com)

The views expressed in this email are those of the author and not necessarily those of Funky Android Limited, it's associates, or it's subsidiaries.

---

Paul Beeler

Jul 3, 2014, 2:14:47 AM7/3/14
to android-building@googlegroups com

True I read it in in the other thread for GPL L source release.  Just used as a reference but everything was tagged in all repos.

Wang sen

Jul 4, 2014, 7:17:48 AM7/4/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Got it,have to wait.Thanks.

Yasin KAFADAR

Aug 12, 2014, 4:37:31 AM8/12/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Is there any update about this topic? I want to look up how they implement Dialer app and make some modification.

Thanks

Glenn Kasten

Aug 12, 2014, 10:11:50 AM8/12/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com

AOSP does not usually publish schedules in advance of a release.

Releases are announced here when they happen.